From 6 – 11 weeks. £69
A Dating Scan can be done from 6 weeks gestation. This is 6 weeks from the first day of your last period (LMP).
The purpose of this scan is to accurately date your pregnancy and confirm viability. A pregnancy is considered viable once the heart beat is seen.
We will confirm the number of foetuses present, check that the foetus and sac are forming nicely, in the correct position within the uterus, confirm a heart beat and take measurements from crown to rump to determine gestation.
If you are less than 8 weeks it may be neccessary to perform an internal scan to get a clear image. We will always ask for your consent if we feel an internal scan is necessary.
If we have time during your appointment, we will also offer to show you the baby in 3D free of charge.
If you know you are carrying twins or a multiple pregnancy, please let us know when you book. We need to allow more time for multiple pregnancies and charge an extra £30 for each additional baby.
- A full report detailing baby’s growth and wellbeing
- 2 x black and white thermal prints
- Access to future Little Loyalty Reassurance Scans
- A DVD recording of your scan with music £15
- A CD of still images (max 2 x 3D images) £5
- A USB Memory Stick of your images £7.50
- AVI movie file added to your CD or USB* £5
- Extra thermal prints £3 each
- Extra printed photos £3 each (only available if you add the CD or USB)
* only available if we have time during your scan.