18 – 24 weeks. £169
The anomaly scan is an important part of your antenatal care. It provides a detailed anatomical check of the structures of the baby from head to toe, measurements to check baby’s growth and looks for the first signs of any potential genetic disorders. This scan is commonly known as the 20 week scan, as it is usually performed between 18 to 24 weeks because some anomalies cannot be seen earlier than this.
All pregnant women in the UK under the antenatal care of the NHS will be offered this scan. However, if for any reason you would like to have an anomaly scan performed privately, we can provide this for you. All of our sonographers are fully qualified and experienced in obstetrics so will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Gender confirmation can be included during this appointment if you would like to know. Depending on the baby’s position, if we have time, we will also offer to show you the baby in 3D free of charge.
If you are carrying twins or a multiple pregnancy, please let us know when you book. We need to allow more time for multiple pregnancies and charge an extra £60.
- Wellbeing check – confirmation of baby’s heart beat, movements and position
- Growth Measurements – to check baby’s growth is consistent for your current gestation.
- All Anomaly Scan Checks
- A quick look in 4D
- A comprehensive Anomaly Scan Report
- 2 x black and white thermal prints in 2D or 3D
- Your images, and any movie clips you’ve purchased, on a USB memory stick. £10
- Your images, and any movie clips you’ve purchased, uploaded to drop box. £10
- Extra thermal prints £3 each
- Photo prints of your 2D or 3D images £3 each
* You must let us know if you would like to purchase a DVD, before your scan starts.
** Movie clips are only available if we have time during your scan. Please let the Sonographer know if you would like her to try and save some for you.
Find out more about who will do your scan at Future Babies.