Congratulations! If you have just found out you are pregnant, you may want to have a Dating Scan to confirm how many weeks pregnant you are and check if everything is okay.
A Dating Scan can be done from 6 weeks gestation. This is 6 weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP). If you are unsure of your dates, please call us and we will help you decide when it would be best to come in for this scan.
The purpose of this scan is to accurately date your pregnancy and confirm viability. A pregnancy is considered viable once the heart beat is seen.
During this scan we hope to confirm a single or multiple pregnancy, that the fetus and sac are forming nicely in the correct position within the uterus, show you the heart beat and take measurements from crown to rump to determine gestation.
If you are less than 8 weeks pregnant, it may be necessary to perform an internal scan to get a clear image. We will always ask for your consent if we feel an internal scan is necessary and you can request a chaperone if you would like to.
If you are under 14 weeks pregnant and you are experiencing pain and/or bleeding, or you are worried for any reason, you can book this scan to check if everything is okay.
If everything is looking good and we have time, we will also have a quick look in 4D during this appointment, if you would like us to. It can be lovely to see the fetus in 4D at this early stage of pregnancy.
- Dating Scan Report
- 2 x black and white 2D or 3D prints
- A quick look in 4D If we have time
- DVD recording of your scan with music. £15*
- 3D avi movie clips. £5 each**
- Your images, and any movie clips you’ve purchased, on a USB memory stick. £10
- Your images, and any movie clips you’ve purchased, uploaded to drop box. £10
- Extra thermal prints £3 each
- Photo print of your 2D or 3D image £3 each
* You must let us know if you would like to purchase a DVD, before your scan starts.
** Movie clips are only available if we have time during your scan. Please let the Sonographer know if you would like her to try and save some for you.
Find out more about who will do your scan at Future Babies.